Veeam has announced the latest version of its data protection solution. Veeam Backup & Replication v11 includes over 200 new features and improvements, according to the company.
“Veeam released V10 with more than 150 new enhancements just 12 months ago, and now has more than 700,000 downloads. Being able to launch the next version — Veeam Backup & Replication v11 — with an additional 200 new and powerful backup, cloud, DR, security and automation enhancements speaks volumes to Veeam’s speed of innovation, as well as our strong commitment to the needs and data reliability demands of our customers and partners,” said Danny Allan, chief technology officer and senior vice president of product strategy at Veeam.
Key new features include:
- Disaster recovery for VMware workloads through Veeam Continuous Data Protection, which allows for immediate recovery to a latest state or point in time
- Ransomware protection through hardened Linux repositories compliant with various regulations
- Amazon S3 Glacier and Microsoft Azure Archive Storage support
- Expanded support for Google Cloud Storage
- Expanded instant recovery for Microsoft SQL, Oracle databases, and NAS file shares
- Veeam Agent for Mac
- Backup-as-a-Service and Disaster-Recovery-as-a-Service
In addition, Veeam Availability Suite v11 provides the backup and recovery capabilities of Backup & Replication along with the monitoring, reporting, and analytics capabilities of Veeam ONE v11. According to Veeam, this provides business with “complete data protection and visibility enabling customers to achieve unparalleled data availability, visibility and governance across multi-cloud environments.”
The Veeam DR Pack, which provides site recovery automation and disaster recovery testing, can also be added on to a purchase of Veeam Availability Suite or Veeam Backup & Replication.